As much as I would like it to be, Tweeting just isn't the same as blogging. And also, as opposed to reporting on ALL my daily doings, this here blog will be strictly work-related. (Well, as strict as it can be, given the circumstances).
Here's (work-related) me, in case you don't know:
- BFA from NYU
- MBA from UCLA (studied painting there as well)
- Member of SCBWI
Facts Pertinent to the Setting, (yet unmentionable under any circumstances, b/c it screams "AMATEUR"):
- Writing since eight years old
- Illustrating since 10 (won some contests, submitted to Cricket Magazine, etc...)
- Wrote and illustrated first 'Children's Book' at 11 years old, "The Foot That Crunched LA" - (and it stays in the vault, thank you very much!)
- Wrote screenplays and storyboarded scenes before, during and after college.
- Wrote my first full-length book at 21. (And, oh, I thought I was so clever! Adverb this, and adjective that, blah, blah)
- Photoshopped out tourists and power lines from clients' vacation photos as a side gig until 2003.
- Learned the ins and outs of starting my own company in Business School.
- Post-B-School, endeavored to build fine art portfolio before undertaking the writing/illustrating. Some samples (not all pertain to children's book illustration, but you can get the idea): http://picasaweb.google.com/nomadicconcepts/NomadicConceptsJSCSArtSamples?feat=directlink
- Currently, fulfilling commissions for paintings, and the rest of the time working on stories and dummies.